Did you know that signs of menopause may begin to show up in the years leading up to it also known as perimenopause?
The Common Symptoms are:
- Irregular periods.
- Vaginal dryness.
- Hot flashes.
- Night sweats.
- Tired but wired
- Loss of libido
- Mood swing
- Weight gain especially in the abdomen and buttocks
- Slowed metabolism
- Muscle loss, replaced by fat and water weight.
As individuals, not all women experience these symptoms but it is common to experience some degree of discomfort. Fortunately, you have a lot more control over the ups and downs of menopause.
Here are 5 powerful tips to regain your balance, wellbeing, and youthful exuberance:
- Support the adrenals with Vitamin D3, B-complex, and herbal “adaptogens” like black currant, maca, and Rhodiola. Adrenals supply the hormones you need when the ovaries can’t meet the demand or are removed (hysterectomy).
- Maintain your muscles with strength training and exercise regularly to boost growth hormones, testosterone, and anabolic hormones the kind that build and maintain your physical structure, enhance libido, memory, and a radiant skin tone.
- Detoxify. This helps the liver to eliminate toxins accumulated from slower metabolism, medications, and xenoestrogens (hormone disruptor). Eat “hormone-free” foods, more plants, and avoid excess caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and plastics in personal care products and food packaging.
- Release stress increase endorphin with deep breathing, yoga, Pilates, stretching, or walking, in the open air whenever possible. Deep breathing also increases your oxygen intake for better memory and releasing toxins in cells.
- Seek out the help of Dr. Prema Kothandaraman, a hormone-friendly physician. She can diagnose hormone imbalances and prescribe evidence-based hormone therapy that is safer than synthetic hormone combinations.
We work with a local compounding pharmacy, that will fill your prescriptions via secure mail order.
Hormone Replacement Therapy in Arcadia, CA
You do not need to suffer from the symptoms of menopause, perimenopause, or general aging. At The OB-Gyn Place, Dr. Prema can help you relieve those uncomfortable symptoms. To learn more about our therapies contact out team today or schedule an appointment online.